When I booked out trip to Barcelona we had a one hour lay over in Casablanca. Well, two days before the trip I get a text message from the airline telling me that my flight has been canceled. We were rebooked for the next day with a lay over of 9 hours!!
I was not happy but they told me that they arranged accommodations for us. They put us on a day hotel for the time we were there. But we didn't rest!
Meet...

Morocco Casablanca
He was our driver and tour guide.
That wasn't his real name but he didn't really speak English so he named himself something we could understand.

We only had about 2 hours total in the city because the drive to and from the hotel is long.
This, the Hassan II Mosque, is the Grand Mosque in Casablanca, the largest Mosque in Casablanca and the third largest in the world.

Mr. Morocco Casablanca, stopped our non AC tour car suddenly, and motioned for my mom and I to wait in the car. Then he pulled the girls out of the back seat.
He ran with the girls to buy some little seeds and taught them the talent of domesticating pigeons.
He really didn't have to do it. They already loved him.
We returned alive to our hotel, ate our lunch and then went back to the airport for our second leg to Barcelona.
1 comment:
I think I might have wet my pants if somebody made me sit in a car and took my kids in a foreign country...but I'm glad it turned out to be a fun experience! You have the best stories!
Post a Comment