At the beginning of last year, our friends told us they would like to take another trip, just the two of them and asked if we could watch their girls.
Right after we agreed, David started planning our getaway trip. Turkey was the place, and as time went by he got more and more excited.
At one point he asked me if I would like to go Paragliding with him.
Now, you have to understand, after I got pregnant with Elena I went into chicken mode. Everything and anything scared me. When, before I used to love amusement parks, now I couldn't even think about them without starting to sweat or the thought of going too fast in a car, even watching scary movies scared me and I used to watch really scary ones!
Anyway, this year I decided I needed to change that and be a little more daring so, I said yes but I asked him not to tell me anything about it at all, I didn't want to think about it too much, so I wouldn't chicken out at the last minute.
He did his research and was pretty sure of the company we were going to use and the he even looked up things that could go wrong and what not. I was kept in the dark because I wanted it that way.
2000 meters high in Babadag mountain, Oludeniz
The morning came and I was excited and terrified. I expected to learn as much as possible that morning but the way it happened was.
We arrived at the shop, used the restroom, signed papers and loaded ourselves in a couple of mini vans.
I read most of the way, didn't want to see how high we were getting. As we approached the top, we could tell they were concern with some clouds and wanted us to jump right away.
View after take off.
But when we reached our stop, there were other people there and we just-apparently- couldn't wait.
So, we drove even higher, so high that there was a cliff on each side of the van.
David's view after take off. The road we came up with in the van.
Then we park and they are in a hurry for all of us to get out of the van. This nice man (whom, I had seen in the car and wished he was my instructor) told me "put this on" ( a helmet) then other man said, "You fly with him!" then, next thing I know he put the harness on me, I got a picture and then he was yelling at me saying "let's go"
High Selfy!
That is when I panicked. I kept saying "but, wait, what do I have to do? how?" and he had the wings ready to fly and David was walking with me towards this man that was at the edge of a very inclined cliff. I was told all I needed to do was walk. I was the first one and I was not ready, I wanted to go with David, hold his hand and be ok but that was not an option. Neither was waiting for me to get a grip, so David told me it was going to be ok and two other guys held my hands, one on each side, and told me "Walk"
My instructor and I
I wanted to point out to them that if we took three steps we would be jumping out of that HUGE mountain. I wanted to tell them I wasn't ready, but some clouds were coming and those dudes were more important and baby Belky.
I started crying (yes, I know, but what can I say) and saying I didn't want to do it. My instructor said, "just walk,please don't sit until we are out" Well, I took two steps (was pulled actually) and then I was sitting down, I am way shorted than this guy AND it was a slope so I was even shorter. At this point I am saying "I'm sorry I'm sorry my legs are too short"
My David, taking it all in.
Then, my tears began to turn into ice so I stopped crying right away! It was cold, really really cold. I was shaking, shivering I was not liking the cold but it was AMAZING!
I thought I would hate the feeling of falling, but you don't get that feeling at all. It was the most amazing thing I've done. and I've gone skydiving and bungee jumping (way back when I was young and foolish)
I Photo bombed his selfy!! Actually he did it on purpose
It also lasted for ever! but it was amazing, the view was breathtaking, I felt like I was floating slowly in the sky, as we went down everything would look different and it was an awe experience all over again.
The only thing I wish would be different, would be holding David's hand the whole time and kissing as we were going down the mountain.
Getting ready to land
I am so grateful David pushed me to do it and I am grateful for a smart instructor who knew it would be better if I went first. I am grateful for the experience, but mainly I am grateful to Heavenly Father for creating such an amazing world for us to enjoy.
Landing!
Thank you my David, I love you so much, thank you for believing in me and making my wishes come true. I hope one day we can bring the girls and do it with them!
He looks like my uncle Victor Tio Victor caraota!!!
Enjoy the video of David taking off, at the beginning you can see two other places, much lower, where people were getting ready to take off.
1 comment:
COOL! WAY BEYOND COOL!
Post a Comment