Sunday, December 2, 2012

PREIKESTOLEN

This was the hike of a life time. It was unbelievable, it was breath taking, it was hard, it was long, it was scary and it was one of the best memories we've made as a family.
Ready to start!!! 
Look at the map closely please.

After 5 minutes she declared herself tired. Oh poor kid, didn't really know how far she had to go.
She scraped her knee.
Oh, You can't see it? I couldn't either but look at the face!
View from the very first view point on our hike.
The first climb.

Ready to go!
They were climbing rocks as big as themselves!
Checking that we are all alive and going.
Luisa in on my back, it was hard to climb with her on the front.
Oh this picture!
This rock is where I stood for over 20 minutes, waiting and yelling Elena's name while David went to look for her. 
She was so excited to hike and had her own pace way ahead of us. I kept asking her to hold back but she liked being ahead. Well by the time we reached this area you could see ahead and behind for a bit and we could not see her. It was the scariest time for me, it is a big place and she could have been anywhere. I asked everyone that went by if they had seen her but no answers. I said many prayers and thankfully David returned with her. She took  a wrong turn but later realized what she'd done so she went back. 
My least favorite part of the whole trip.
We are deciding which way to go. Even though the picture shows other wise, the girls were set on going to the Cliff trail.
Thankfully there was a chain to hold on to.
This picture should be an add for Northface or Norway, can't decide!




Getting there!!
We can see it!!!!
Oh I wish I could explain the feeling in my stomach when we got to this point.
The feeling I got while taking this picture was way worse than any roller coaster ride.
They were happy!
What you can't see is the marks that David is leaving in the girls wrists because of how tight he was holding them.
I made it!!!!
I asked that nice man not to go away and leave me alone.
 He left anyway. I didn't!! I wanted him to say.
What you don't know is that, I didn't really want to go there but I was sure David was going to be disappointed with me. So I said to myself, "go quick, sit get your picture taken and ran back"
Well, it turns out David didn't really want me there but didn't want to say anything because he thought I really wanted to be there!
Communication people, it matters in a marriage!!!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Incredible! How did you ever find out about all these neat things to see?

Linda said...

I think I CAN see the fingermarks ont he girls' wrists. :)

I still can't believe you guys did this - the roller coaster comparison is a good one. YIKES!

Grant said...

Oh man, those cliff pictures make me sick to my stomach and I wasn't even there. You are brave souls!

Ricki said...

I think I know what your stomach felt like, mine is doing a flip flop looking at your pictures. I gasped when I saw you sitting on the edge! Wow, what a memory for your family!

Cheryl said...

You are too funny! And I'm with Grant--I could barely stand to look at the pictures. I can't imagine being there! And the bit about Elena being lost--sooooo scary!

The pictures are SO beautiful though!

Belkycita said...

Becky, David did tons of research online and we had just met a new family and the husband served his mission in Norway, he gave us tons of tips.
We ended up in Norway because David a had a two day conference there.

Dawnie said...

What an awesome post Belky!!