Friday, December 30, 2011

4 years ago my heart instantly grew. (Dec 28th)

4 years ago I remember worrying about being able to love my new baby as much as I loved Elena. I could not believe something like that could happen. I wanted to, but as much as I longed to be a mother I didn't know what is was like to LOVE like a mother.
Then, I held her for the first time, and like a miracle, my heart expanded and it was filled with the most amazing love for this little tiny person. I learned so much more about my Heavenly Father at that moment, and I couldn't stop thanking him for such blessing.
My Victoria Elsa is named after my maternal grandmother and her middle name is my mom's middle name. They fit SO perfectly! those two wonderful ladies have been two of the most stubborn people I know, and they are fighters and sassy. That describes my little one so well.
As a difference from Elena (who is a little David) Victoria has some of me, most of the other two mentioned before, but from me she has the sensitivity and I love it! I can understand her need for touch and cuddles and how much a hug means to her. She reminds me of myself as a little girl, it creates a special bond between the two of us that only us can understand. I hope and pray that this bond will help us both get through the Teenage years!

Victoria was named "Happy for no reason" by David, because from birth she was just SO happy, everything made her smile and later laugh. She hasn't changed that, she is beyond silly and has a way to get people to love her sweet little smile.
She absolutely LOVES school, she loves her teachers and believes that her classmates are the coolest group of kids ever. She learns so much every day and loves to pretend she is at school when she's home. I can find her pretending as she plays by herself and she talks like her teacher or her friends.
That is a bite of banana with Ketchup on it. She tried it while we were in Chile.
She is STUCK on Peanut butter and Honey sandwiches for lunches, she just wants that every single day for lunch. She can eat so much in the first part of the day, eat non stop. She likes my kind of food more than anyone else in the family, when I make lentils she and I finish them up, and we can eat rice and chicken every day if necessary.
She is addicted to sugar, she will beg for any kind of sugary treat at any time of the day no matter how sure she is we will say no, she still begs for it.

She loves her sister, and if Elena could give her full attention all the time Victoria would be the happiest person in the whole world. One of the things she dislikes the most about Elena is one of the ones we like the most, reading. As soon as Elena is holding a chapter book, Victoria's mood changes and gets so frustrated, if you ask her, "what is Elena doing?" she wold say "BORING! reading!" We hope she learns to read very soon so she can just sit by her and read together.


She still pretends she is either a dog or a cat, but mostly a dog now because she knows I'm allergic to cats :-)

She is silly, she makes us laugh; she is loving, she gives amazing hugs; she is sassy, she gets the best out of us! she is our little Toria and we love her so very much.

Thank you my sweet little girl for loving me so much and making me feel like the most amazing woman in the world. I could do without the stubbornness though :-)
Happy Birthday!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

ADORABLE!!! Happy BIrthday VICTORIA!

Linda said...

Feliz cumpleanos, Torita! Call us sometime so we can sing to you. :)

Great post, you captured so much of the this little darling with your words and photos.

love you!

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Love the photos. Love her. But you forgot to mention that she also has the cutest little voice on the planet. (c:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Victoria! That's a great day for a birthday (but I might be a little biased ;) ) I can't believe how big she's gotten!

Amy said...

Happy b-day Victoria! And congrats again on the new little one!