It isn't news to anyone anymore that our beloved prophet has passed away and as I found out about it I couldn't help but feel grateful to have known him.
As I investigated the church I had my doubts about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith and the first vision. I remember being taught about the prophets, and as I looked for the first time at his picture I couldn't help to be drawn into his eyes and think that they looked so pured, it could not be a lie.
When he came to Caracas to dedicate our Temple, I remember sitting down and praying to be able to understand the ceremony, it was all very new and they were talking about things I didn't know very well, I knew the prophet was going to be there and he was going to say the prayer. I asked Heavenly Father to let me understand his words ( by that I meant, to understand him in English), there was a translator but I wanted to be able to hear him (President Hinckley) not someone else. As he spoke I understood what he was saying and his words filled my heart with love and with a stronger testimony about the temple, about the church and about him.
I am so grateful for his faithfulness and his example, for being a part of my life. Yes, I'll miss him so much but the sadness that fills my heart today will give me strength to follow his teachings and fight to gain my eternal life.
3 comments:
Yes, I heard the news yesterday.
It was hard to believe. Yes, Rebcca Hansen cut my hair.
Thanks for sharing your testimony. It really touched me.
I have to tell you I feel the same way. I feel so blessed to have had him be our prophet for such a great time in my life. Oh and by the way...I accidently thought Cheryl wrote the comment that you wrote. The whole "ketcheson" name got me confused for a minute. Anyway, feel free to call anytime when the kiddos grow up and don't want your help anymore.
Post a Comment